At Bundaberg Christian College, Learning Support/Enrichment is offered to students from Prep to year 12.
The vision of the Learning Enrichment staff at Bundaberg Christian College is to, under Christ, partner with classroom teachers to provide students with outstanding support and encouragement to meet the individual needs of each child, equipping them to be confident individuals and to achieve their personal goals and dreams.
The Learning Enrichment Teacher works closely with the class teachers to develop individual programs for students with a Disability, and for students with a significant Learning Difficulty. The Learning Enrichment Department offers the following programs:
- Modified or adjusted activities and/or assessment tasks for students who require support (those students with an Individual Education Plan or an Individual Learning Plan)
- A team of outstanding Teacher Aides with specific skills in assisting students in the classroom on an academic and pastoral care level Individual or small group withdrawal sessions with the Learning Enrichment Teacher for students who require significant educational interventions
- Support programs for students with a Disability such as a weekly social skills program for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- In the Primary School, Interactive computer program targeted at improving Literacy and Numeracy skills such as Mathletics, Spelling City and Reading Eggs
- In the Secondary School, modified subjects in English and Maths for students who require significant learning intervention (for those students with an Individual Education Plan or an Individual Learning Plan)
- In the Secondary School, assignment Support is a subject option from Year 9 to 12 (for those students with an Individual Education Plan or an Individual Learning Plan)
- A calm, supportive environment in the Learning Enrichment rooms where students can come at any time, if they need to debrief, or if they need a ‘time out’ from their class.
Gifted and Talented students are also supported at Bundaberg Christian College at a class-level, in consultation with the relevant Learning Enrichment Teacher and appropriate members of the school management team.
If you feel that your child requires additional support with their learning, please contact your child’s Form teacher or the Year Level Coordinator.