Chrysalis ELC Mission and Philosophy
We aim to support each child’s developing sense of identity, knowing that each child is a unique creation of God.
- Safe and secure relationships show the kindness of Jesus's love which forms the foundation of knowing who we are.
- Through warm and genuine interactions Educators foster meaningful relationships with both children and families, supporting each child's learning and understanding of themselves and others.
We aim to support each child's sense of appreciation of creation through connections to our natural and manmade environments.
- Through means of listening, looking, smelling, thinking, feeling, questioning and comparing, we seek to foster an understanding of the world around us.
- Through conversation and experiences, we acknowledge vast differences between all of God's people and the diverse lands in which we are upon.
We aim to support each child’s holistic wellbeing to foster a sense of self-worth and value for both themselves and others.
- Educators acknowledge and foster each child's developing sense of agency.
- Educators support children at the time when they need it most as they negotiate the challenges of self-discipline, honesty, self-regulation and resilience.
- The development of healthy living is a fundamental to holistic wellbeing and Educators shall support each child's understanding of a healthy life style through every day routines and transitions.
We aim to support each child’s developing sense of confidence, independence, and abilities.
- Educators shall encourage children to try new things, do their best and have a go.
- By offering offering small and large group play and learning experiences, Educators shall provide opportunities for problem solving, interest, determination, imagination and enquiry.
- Through relationships Educators shall understand and embed each child’s interests, values, and culture into our program
- Educators and in collaboration with families shall ensure critical reflection is part of everyday practice
We aim to support and acknowledge each child’s unique way of living and ways of communicating
- Educators shall foster relationships with children and support each child to develop skills in reciprocal conversations and situations.
- Through planned and spontaneous experiences Educators shall incorporate everyday numeracy and literacy concepts, whilst drawing upon cues from children when communicating the world around them.