← Arts Students Shine!
Cassandra Tenthy and Ana Daniels were selected to be exhibited in the Creative Generations Excellence Awards in Maryborough. To be selected for this exhibition students have to have achieved a VHA overall and be endorsed by the school to meet a series of selection criteria.
From this exhibition Ana Daniels has achieved an excellence award and been selected to exhibit her work in the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane next year. She was the only student selected from all of the schools from our region – Bundaberg to Sunshine Coast. This is an amazing achievement and is certainly worthy of celebrating.
- 447 submissions from 183 schools were received
- 77 artworks were shortlisted
- 38 Excellence Award winners were chosen with winners representing every Queensland region. Ana was the only representative selected from our region.
- Regional exhibitions commenced on August 11 and will run through till the last regions’ conclusion on 28 October 2018.
- Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art is now in its 28th year and has helped raise community awareness of the degree of sophistication in: concepts, diversity of technical competence, and the high standard of visual art education in Qld secondary schools.
- Each year, Queensland state and non-state schools offering senior visual art are invited to submit up to four student artworks for the Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art program.
- Excellence Award recipient artwork will feature at the Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane in 2019.
- These awards are judged anonymously by a central state selection panel in Brisbane.